Sunday, February 18, 2007

February

Just a quick update. Eating out can be a challenge when avoiding wheat and dairy, must be a complete nightmare for those who have to avoid it always. I take some fruit like blueberries or melon in case there's nothing available that Jenson can have.
Yesterday after an afternoon at Rollerworld (I still ache) when had dinner at Pizza Express, noted for their breastfeeding friendliness. I actually spotted a fellow nurser, sad I know but I don't see such a sight very often.
They kindly prepared Jenson a plate of chicken and cucumber. It tucked in but actually had his eye on the doughballs!

This evening Jenson enjoyed a homemade turkey burger, carrots and butternut squash wedges. I ust sort of squish together onion, garlic, olive oil, tarragon and turkey mince and stick it in the oven for a bit (very technical me). Lamb works just as well too but I tend to stick rosemary in that one.

1 comment:

solveig said...

Just found your blog. It's great that more people are starting to document their experiences of weaning in this way. I've followed it with my daughter, who is now 14 months, and it has been pretty successful on the whole.

S x